Senior/Principal Acoustic Consultant
I am working on an exciting opportunity for a Senior/Principal level Acoustician to join their team to assist the continued growth of this part of the consultancy portfolio of services. Their team are currently working on a number of exciting projects and providing support to the rail and renewable sector, power and energy, and mixed use developments.
The role will involve developing the acoustic business across the North West with the support of the Team Leader. The candidate would be responsible for business development, project management of small to large scale projects, preparation of tenders, technical report writing, modelling, peer review and mentoring more junior members of the team.
You will work on a wide range of projects involving travel around the UK and potentially overseas. The work will also involve some night-time and weekend tasks (for which time off in lieu would be accrued).
You must be prepared to travel to site regularly to undertake site surveys and supervise works. As such a full driving licence is essential.
You will be enthusiastic, willing to take part in a variety of projects and areas of work, and keen to further your career and expertise in a supportive multi-disciplinary practice. You will also need to be:
- Computer literate and be able to quickly adapt to using bespoke software packages
- Experience with both building and environmental acoustics would be desirable
- Experience of using different sound level meters
- Experience with vibration monitoring would be beneficial
- Computer modelling experience (preferably with CadnaA, CATT or SoundPlan)
- Experience of peer reviews is essential
- Ability to mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- Track record with business development
- 7 years + of experience
- MIOA essential
- Degree in Acoustics or related subject
- Good IT and organisation skills are essential
- Ability to communicate with peers, colleagues, clients and general public.
- Competent technical report writing skills
- Ability to operate independently
- Good understanding of business model within consultancy
Salary and benefits:
- £competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion