An interesting position has arisen for a Senior / Principal Consultant - Natural Capital and Net Gain. Ideally you will have a technical background in Natural Capital and Net Gain as well as wider planning of current and forecasted regulations.
- Strong technical Natural Capital and Net Gain understanding (including biodiversity net gain) and associated UK policy and guidance both with the water sector and planning;
- A background in ecology with applied environmental economics knowledge (noting we have a team of wider economist to draw upon) and;
- Excellent business development skills with drive and ambition to grow these key areas.
You will mentor junior staff, manage projects and provide technical direction for project assessments, plus the coordination of associated surveys, consultation and mitigation in support of our clients' proposals and operations. You will demonstrate strong technical expertise, experience of winning work and show an aptitude and enthusiasm to develop business opportunities and ideas in the water practice and through working across other areas of the business.
Key competencies and experience:
The below list is not necessarily exclusive and we are willing to discuss applications from candidates who are particularly strong in certain areas, but who may not meet all the criteria listed below.
Ideally you will already be working at a senior level, with experience within commercial consultancy. As such, you will ideally have experience of undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise technical reports.
You will have:
- Bachelors in Environmental Sciences and/or a relevant postgraduate qualification
- Knowledge of applied environmental economics
- Knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Consultancy experience or strong understanding of how consultancies operate
- Experience leading projects from a technical perspective
- Knowledge of the UK water industry including Water Resource Management, Legislative Frameworks and Policy Position Statements
- Project management and client interface experience
- A clean, full driving licence
Skills and Behaviours:
- Ability and ambition to generate new business areas and drive forward innovative approaches
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Ability to mentor and support junior members of the team
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org