Due to continued growth a new position has arisen for an enthusiastic Senior or Principal Ecology Consultant. This senior role provides the opportunity to develop your experience of providing specialist ecological input on large-scale projects with specialist advice on ecological surveys, strategies, the planning system and relevant up to date ecological policy and guidelines. You will also have the opportunity to line manage other team members.
The role will encompass:
- Undertaking ecological surveys including protected species surveys;
- Direct management of large-scale or flagship projects;
- Line management of ecology team members;
- Representing at industry and marketing events;
- Tendering and budgeting for new work and securing an appropriate level of new instructions and contract extensions;
- Engaging with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders on behalf of Clients;
- Assistance in wider company projects, including cross business unit working opportunities;
- Providing senior support and specialist knowledge to ongoing ecological projects.
You should have:
- At least five years' experience in the ecological industry;
- Have a detailed knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques and keeps up to date with new technologies and best practice;
- Strong experience of client liaison, support and business acumen;
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- A degree and post-graduate degree in environmental science or ecology (or equivalent experience);
- Associate or full membership of CIEEM (or meeting the criteria and willingness to apply);
- Hold a protected species licence (preferably for bats);
- Strong experience of EPS mitigation licences preferable; and
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com