A multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a major infrastructure project in the West Midlands is looking for a Principal Ecologist to join them on a 12 month contract. As a Principal Ecologist you will provide specialist advice for the duration of the project.
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full MIEEM.
- Eligibility for CEnv.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Management experience.
- High level of personal responsibility.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Good IT skills
- Postgraduate degree.
- Protected species licence(s).
- Full current driving licence.
- Project management experience.
- An ecological specialism.