A new opportunity for an experienced Senior/ Principal ecologist has arisen, the role could be located in Manchester/ Nottingham/ Birmingham/London/ Lincoln
As the successful candidate, you will be able to take control of your own training to make the career path suit you. You will be able to lead and direct major projects and have the ability to introduce new methods and experimental techniques. You will also have influence over workplace culture, ultimately having impact over the wider ecology team.
This role will involve delivering a high standard of management. You will be expected to communicate effective and efficiently to your team, delivering project briefs and motivation, to in turn, provide efficient delivery of professional services.
In your role as an effective Senior ecologist, you will be expected to provide assistance to junior members with general wellbeing and aiding in advancing their learning and development. You will also be expected to champion the companies' initiatives and health and safety policies.
The job will include working alongside more senior team member and discussing proposals and solutions to technical issues.
Reports are expected to be produced that require little to no amendment and you will be tasked with undertaking proposal preparation. You are expected to have knowledge and to ensure your work fits within legislation and company policies.
You are expected to have a well-rounded, up to date understanding of field survey methods to be able to work with the diverse range of sectors our client operates within.
As the successful applicant, you will have influence over your teams' operations and projects. You will be part of a larger ecology sector that operates UK wide and throughout the world giving you the opportunity to expand your horizons.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- A high level of analytical and quantitative techniques.
- Experience of supervision and undertaking site assessment works.
- A track record of managing the practical, technical and financial aspects of proposals and seeing these through to delivery.
- A track record of producing structural, factually correct, interpretative reports.
- The ability to source data from desk studies and third parties to provide solutions to clients' briefs
- The ability to build close and strong working relationships with colleagues
- Knowledge of UK legislation
- An active interest of ecology, both at home and in a professional environment.
- A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- At least 4 years post qualification experience in a consultancy environment (higher levels of qualification with less relevant experience will still be considered).
- Preferably a member of a professional body, working toward their chartered status.
- Full UK driving license
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com