|Job Title:||Senior/ Principal Ecologist - Oxfordshire|
|Contact Name:||Callum Graham|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
A new opportunity for an experienced Senior/ Principal ecologist has arisen based near Oxford. As the successful candidate you will be working on an exciting range of projects whilst managing a highly skilled and energetic team of ecologist. This role ensures a positive work place culture and the opportunity for you to input new techniques, methods and have your say over current and new projects.
Within this role you will be expected to deliver a high standard of management. You will be expected to communicate effective and efficiently to your team, delivering project briefs and motivation, to in turn, provide efficient delivery of professional services.
You will be expected to provide assistance to junior members of your team with general wellbeing and have an invested interest in advancing their learning and development.
You will be working alongside your senior team member and discussing proposals and solutions to technical issues.
Reports are expected to be produced that require little to no amendment and you will be tasked with undertaking proposal preparation. You are expected to have knowledge and to ensure your work fits within legislation and company policies.
You are expected to have an outstanding knowledge of field survey methods and have a good understanding of mitigation techniques.
It is imperative to have an understanding of the current industry situation and have experience of working within a range of sectors.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining a young and vibrant team of skilled ecologists. Our candidate is a multidisciplinary consultancy that works an extraordinarily broad range of projects so you will be ensured diversity within your role.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- A high level of analytical and quantitative techniques.
- Experience of supervision and undertaking site assessment works.
- The ability to manage the practical, technical and financial aspects of proposals and seeing these through to delivery.
- A track record of producing structural, factually correct, interpretative reports.
- The ability to source data from desk studies and third parties to provide solutions to clients' briefs.
- The ability to build close and strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of UK legislation.
- An active interest of ecology, both at home and in a professional environment.
- Bat class 2 license (Class 1 would be considered).
- Mitigation license preferable.
- Additional EPS license ideal.
- A Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification i.e. MSc.
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in a consultancy environment (higher levels of qualification with less relevant experience will still be considered).
- Full UK driving license
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com