About the role
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to provide technical leadership of projects, mentor junior team members and produce high quality technical deliverables for the range of complex flood risk projects that we deliver for the Environment Agency, Local Authority and private clients.
As our senior flood risk specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with the existing flood risk team which includes a range of hydraulic modellers, civil engineers and flood risk specialists working at different levels. As well as working alongside our business development team to prepare proposals and bids you will also take a leading role in identify training and professional development needs of junior staff and in conjunction with our resource managers identify additional resource requirements to help grow our team.
- Hydraulic modelling of river, sewer or coastal processes and/or
- Flood Estimation Handbook hydrological analysis methods, including the Statistical Analysis method, ReFH and with use of the FEH CD-ROM V3 and WinFAP V3 and must have applied these to a wide range of rural and urban catchments
- Be responsible for the technical quality of work carried out within the team, provide supervision of projects, review and check work and provide leading technical skills as a technical specialist with minimal guidance
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues and work co-operatively across functions and business units to share information and ideas
- Work closely with other senior staff to enable delivery of the wider team's workload
- Bachelor level qualification and Chartered / near Chartered member of a recognised professional body
- Experience of working with the Environment Agency, developers or Local Authorities in the context of flood risk management
- Proficient in the use of TuFlow, ISIS or InfoWorks ICM hydraulic modelling software packages and relevant supporting software packages (SMS, MapInfo, ArcGIS and / or QGIS), and/or be highly proficient in hydrological analysis including FEH and ReFH
- Extensive technical skill in their nominated technical specialism (including associated software packages)
- Experience managing the technical delivery of projects/packages of work
- Previous experience undertaking quality assurance reviews and audits of technical works undertaken by others.