If you're an experienced SEA/SA specialist and ambitious to achieve your career potential, Allen & York would like to hear from you. We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced environmental consultant to join our client in one of their environmental planning teams and to work with their established SEA/SA specialists.
We are seeking to locate a practical SEA/SA specialist to complement their existing capability and who can deliver and lead SEA/SAs throughout the UK and beyond. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Their Environmental Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to a Technical Director in the Environmental Planning team, you will be accountable for: the preparation of SEA/SA Reports; coordination of small project teams; liaison with clients and provision of specialist advice; all stages of SEA/SA from screening, evidence gathering, scoping, assessment, mitigation, monitoring frameworks and formal reporting; assisting with and driving marketing and bidding activities and helping to develop more junior staff.
You will gain experience, be involved with a wide range of technical aspects and will have opportunities to work in the wider environmental planning business including project environmental coordination and EIA.
* Technical delivery of technical assessments and reports
* Coordination and management of projects
* Client management, provision of advice and liaison
* Interface and co-ordinate work with other SEA/SA staff and the wider Environmental Planning team
* Establish new and continue existing positive relationships with clients and colleagues
* Ensuring outputs meet regulatory and good practice guidelines
* Assist in the development, promotion and implementation of technical guidance
* Help to develop marketing and bidding strategies
* Work on wider environmental planning and management projects as appropriate
What You have to Offer:
* Have a thorough understanding of UK SEA/SA practices and procedures
* Have a thorough understanding of UK plan-making procedures
* Wider experience in environmental planning (eg EIA) would be desirable
* Have excellent communication and writing skills
* Be a good speaker and engender confidence with clients
* Be well organised, thorough and have a good eye for detail
* Be a team player and be willing to help develop junior colleagues and learn from others
My client offers a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Highly competitive salary
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.