An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced ecologist to take a lead role in an exciting and dynamic sector.
My client is currently looking to recruit for Senior, Principal and Associate positions based at multiple locations throughout the UK. You will be working predominantly within the power sector, notably renewable energy, however your skills may be utilised on large infrastructure projects at times. My client has a significant portfolio of major overseas projects; therefore, this role presents the opportunity to work abroad. The successful candidate will need a comprehensive ecological background with a proven track record of project management and business development.
Within this role you will be undertaking the management and delivery of ecology inputs into a large range of power based projects. You will be working alongside the power sector lead and your team of highly skilled ecologists.
You will be mentoring and aiding the development of your junior members of staff and, depending on experience, you will undertake staff management.
At times, the role will involve working with other team member located across the UK and therefore will require short term travel. The role also possesses the opportunity to work overseas, dependant on client/ project sites.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining an international multidisciplinary Consultancy. My client offers an excellent platform for career development and progression and allows you to carve the career path you desire. The inclusive, family-orientated workplace culture allows you as the employee, to be able ensure the work you will be undertaking is not only suited to you, but to make sure it is something you enjoy.
You will be allowed flexible working hours, tailored around the company's core working hours, to suit each your individual circumstances.
My client offers a great benefits package including 25 days annual leave, car allowance and private health care as well as a highly competitive basic salary.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 4 years of ecological consultant experience.
- Experience of working projects within the power and/or infrastructure sector.
- Notable experience within project management.
- A track record of business development skills.
- The ability to manage client relationships and experience of liaising with statutory bodies and local planning authorities.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Willingness to mentor and inspire assistant ecologists.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- At least one protected species Licenses.
- The ability to consistently deliver high quality work.
- A passion for ecology.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com