Senior Social Consultant - International Projects Group
Homeworking based position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Social Consultant to manage and oversee medium and large sized projects from commencement to completion. Within the Social team you will support clients to maintain social licence to operate and provide practical, solution-focussed social risk management around the globe.
You will have particular expertise in social baseline studies, social impact assessment, strategic social investment, stakeholder engagement, social compliance, resettlement and land access, community development and capacity building.
Working on projects for lenders and clients within the oil and gas, renewable energy, manufacturing and mining sectors, and across project life cycles, from feasibility to decommissioning.
This role includes:
- Client and project team liaison
- Project management to budget and schedule, including across disciplines
- Report writing, including drafting ESIA chapters
- External meetings, including stakeholder engagement
- Business development, including client relationships and thought leadership
- Financial and technical management of tenders
- Technical development and growth of social team and mentoring of team members
- Responsible for managing project staff
- Support junior colleagues to build technical and project management skills
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
The successful candidate must have:
- A very good knowledge of social and sustainability issues including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance.
- Thorough understanding of social standards of international financing institutions.
- First degree in relevant discipline (social studies, anthropology, environmental policy)
- Excellent English Skills, both written and verbal. (Additional languages, especially French or Spanish, an advantage).
Key Skills Required:
- Self motivated, exhibit a proactive approach and work well within a team environment.
- Experience of delivering consultancy to a range of clients, working directly for clients and meeting their expectations with our deliverables
- Strong project management skills, including financial management, program management and quality control including a track record of returning good profitability
- Very good writing skills and the ability to produce robust and comprehensive written deliverables
- Very good competence in the use of Excel and the ability to interrogate, analyse and present data within spreadsheets
- Very good competence in the use of PowerPoint and the ability to produce presentations and present these to clients and colleagues
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with peers relating to project work including the ability to ask for help when needed.
- Ability to develop and retain client relationships
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org