Our client is a leading sustainability consultancy. They operate across the world, working in partnership with clients to help transform the way they work, providing business leaders with award winning consultancy advise.
They are seeking to appoint a Senior Software Developer to join the Digital Services team, based at their Head Office in Oxfordshire. The ideal person would need a strong background in PHP and databases, someone who can build and support data-intensive web applications for the company public and private sector clients. The successful candidate will be adept at working as part of a team on a portfolio of projects, both supporting and enhancing existing applications as well as creating new ones.
Open-source Software Development experience is ESSENTIAL.
- Extensive experience building PHP software and web applications in a commercial environment using a well-known MVC framework (eg Zend or Symfony)
- Designing MySQL and/or PostGres databases and writing scalable and secure code to handle large data sets
- Using versioning systems (Git), task, test and release management tools
- Working collaboratively with software and non-software professionals
- Drupal, SilverStripe, LimeSurvey
- R, R Shiny, Perl
- XML, Schematron, RDF, XPath, XSLT
- Web Map Service, Web Feature Service
- Mentoring or training experience
- Commercial product development
- Agile development processes
Contact Vildan Cifci on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!