Allen & York are working on behalf of an established and respected firm of Architects to bring a Senior Sustainability and Energy Consultant into the London based team. You will be working on interesting and varied projects in the capital and beyond, and will bring a suite of experience from a similar role in a consultancy or design house setting.
- Develop energy and sustainability strategies on projects, including net zero carbon and climate change strategies for large residential and mixed-use master planning applications.
- Carry out environmental modelling and building analysis to support energy and CO2 calculations, overheating assessments and thermal modelling to comply with various environmental assessments (UK Building Regulations-Part L compliance, BREEAM. LEED, WELL etc).
- Assist with daylight, sunlight and wind assessments reports for planning.
- Provide input into bids, competition entries and research projects.
- Provide advice and training to staff and clients.
- Developing sustainability and environmental strategies on architectural projects, to meet the client's brief, site conditions and statutory requirements. This would include emerging requirements around net zero carbon reporting and the new London Plan requirements.
- Carrying out 3D environmental modelling and building analysis in specialist software packages such as Elmhurst SAP, IES VE, Passivhaus Therm, Tally etc., (MBS Waldram Tools and Simscale). This will include the preparation of the analysis models in 3D modelling software such as Revit or AutoCAD.
- Preparation of technical and professional reports of a sufficiently high standard of quality, suitable for submission as part of an EIA, planning submission, or research report.
- Preparation of supporting graphical material for reports and presentations to illustrate key technical concepts and project findings.
- Environmental or Sustainability related degree and/or postgraduate qualification
- Consultancy experience advising or Architectural projects
- Experience supporting planning applications for projects
- Building modelling expertise
- Knowledge of local and national planning policy
- Knowledge and experience of CHP systems, heat pumps, district heating solutions and carbon offsetting strategies (desirable)
This is a strong opportunity to join a busy, well established design house in London. The role is available immediately and applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received. Further information is available on request - email@example.com