Job Purpose/Summary Details
Our client is leading UK renewable energy operator and developer providing Offshore wind services across the world.
A Senior Technician shall be involved at various stages in the costing, design, assembly, testing and installation of masts, mast inspections and assisting in the deployment of remote sensing devices, remote monitoring system and the provision of site services to internal and external clients.
During the installation or maintenance of tubular or lattice masts, a ST shall assume responsibility for all preparation and site works, the mast installation (including contractor supervision) and completion of all site documentation.
During the operational phase of each project, the ST will be responsible for various aspects of the O&M activities including the operational maintenance of defined masts.
Organisational Context (to include impact and influence)
- Reports directly to a SPE (line manager)
- Will be part of project teams led by SPE's
- Activities carried out will primarily be within the Western Europe market but may be in support of activities in other company markets
- The role may require extensive travel within the UK and Ireland with occasional travel to other company markets
- Site visits prior to mast installations
- Responsible for mast site activities including all mast and contractor preparatory work prior to visiting site, mast installation and the supervision of contractors
- Contractor supervision on construction sites or existing developments
- Provision of mast inspection, soil resistivity and similar site services to internal and external clients
- All site documentation including RAMS, mast installation and commissioning documentation and other HSQE documentation as required under the project
- Responsible the inspection and maintenance of masts
- Tubular masts installation and maintenance
- Lattice mast installation and maintenance
- Lifting operations
- Preliminary site investigations
- Mast Decommissioning
- Health & Safety and safe working practices
- Accurate interpretation of engineering drawings
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Installation and decommissioning of all types of masts
- Mast maintenance
- Supervising junior staff and technicians during mast installations
- Preparation of rigging equipment
- Site Safety
- Experience installing and maintaining meteorological lattice and tubular masts.
- Experience working at heights in excess of 50m on lattice structures
- significant professional experience in a similar role
- Working at height qualifications (ideally IRATA qualified)
- Rigging and slinging qualifications