Job Title: Senior Planner / Surveyor
Reporting to: Head of Planning and Development Consultancy team, Manchester
Key focus of job:
To handle all planning instructions in the existing portfolio of both national and local clients effectively across the Northern regions and beyond.
To actively deliver high quality planning consultancy for new business from existing and prospective clients, for both the division and the wider business.
- To manage instructions within the existing portfolio and relationships with clients and others in the local planning and property market.
- To identify and support on major bids for work.
- To understand, appreciate and satisfy financial performance targets.
- To continually strive to improve working practices and client service delivery for the whole team;
- To provide an informed view on national developments and trends in Planning;
- To monitor and ensure effective and efficient co-ordination of internal resources to deliver project results for our clients;
- To liaise (where appropriate) with other operations and services, particularly in relation to the Planning, and Development Consultancy Division.
- To represent the company and the full range of property related services available to clients.
- Degree educated with relevant post degree experience of between two to five years professional experience;
- Chartered (MRTPI or MRICS);
- Computer Literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office and windows and other software.
- Demonstrates the ability to make effective presentations to clients;
- Able to develop business planning skills including fee forecasting and fee proposals
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client requirements;
- Provide high quality and competent professional advice to our clients;
- Enjoys the clear confidence and respect of clients;
- Collects, reviews and acts upon client feedback;
- Researches into current and future client requirements;
- Generates new business for the Company from own efforts and through working with others;
- Demonstrates an awareness of Planning and development market trends.
- Relates the implications of events and trends to the bigger picture
- Seeks to improve personal and team service delivery;
- Actively generates confidence and purpose in others by demonstrating conviction in the Company, its services and self.
- Understands and listens to the personal needs of others;
- Communicates and converses well and is clearly understood by others in team.
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work;
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of the work;
- Experienced and capable presenter, both of technical and business matters.
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and demonstrates self confidence;
- Demonstrates confidence and understands own strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment for self development and promotion;
- Makes things happen through others;
- Manages own time and exercises good commercial judgement to maximise fee earning potential
- Team Player
Interested? Call Mark Maultby on 01202 888986