Senior Town Planner
Medium sized consultancy
To provide high quality planning advice and support to private and public-sector clients
as part of a professional and commercial team of experts. In particular:
- Undertake planning research and analysis
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts
- Prepare planning applications, including planning statements
- Contribute to the preparation and editing of consultant reports which support planning applications including Design and Access statements, architectural plans, daylight and sunlight statements, sustainability statements and transport statements
- Advise on post planning consent work, including discharge of conditions and legal agreements
- Liaise with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations and third parties
- Assist with drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive fee proposals
- Write complex reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Maintain an awareness of planning policy and practice, market conditions and the impact of government policies
- Negotiating development proposals with local authorities and others;
- Writing and submitting appeals
- Site visits
- Presenting proposals at public meetings or planning committees;
- Being creative and commercial to come up with solutions to satisfy all parties;
- Working to tight deadlines to meet client expectations;
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may be required
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated individual who is keen to meet the challenges of working in a highly commercial, professional consultancy practice.
Your planning skills are evident and you can demonstrate excellent project management skills, good financial awareness and an enthusiasm for business development. Indigo works across all sectors of planning and employees have the opportunity to experience a diverse portfolio of projects.
Culturally, you are a natural collaborator and see the importance of sharing knowledge and working as part of a team.
The successful candidate will be MRTPI with four plus years' experience.
Salary: Competitive rates
Bonus: Yes (depending on individual and company performance)
Pension: Yes (up to 6% matching)
Life Assurance: 3 x salary
Annual Leave: Up to 30 days (23 basic plus Bank Holidays and service days)