Senior Town Planner
My client a leading consultancy due to their expansion within their planning team are looking for a Planner/Senior Planner to be based within their Manchester team.
The successful individual will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations and will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Their work of providing Planning services is of critical importance to our clients, local communities and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed to successful planning outcomes, whilst utilising best practice and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of planning projects. This will include working alongside and potentially project managing other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications or development consent orders, and planning policy preparation and advice.
- Project managing and co-ordinating the preparation of planning applications identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of work proposals and work specifications.
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;;
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant planning (RTPI accredited) or related degree.
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- Recent development management or development planning experience in public or private sectors.
- Project management of town planning and related environmental assessments as part of TCPA or DCO applications
- An excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Strong technical ability preferably with experience in planning policy, planning applications and related areas including EIA and other Impact Assessments.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience of working on development or infrastructure projects.
- Some EIA experience and/or some DCO experience.
If you would like to apply and know about the role then please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.