|Job Title:||Senior Traffic Engineer|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Traffic Engineer - St Albans
An expanding client of mine is looking to grow their ever busy Traffic department and now have a vacancy for a Senior Traffic/ Highway Engineer in St Albans. They would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
The Traffic and Local Roads team provides concept, preliminary and detailed design and network modelling on a wide range of projects for local authorities and contractors plus supports other business lines where their projects have a specialised traffic and highways interface.
You will be joining a growing team that is actively involved in the delivery of projects and services to a range of both local and national clients including:
- Transport for London
- London Highway Alliance Contract (North-West and Central London)
- Southwark Highways & Professional Services Contract
- Midlands Highways Alliance
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and consistent working environment for team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for safety, health and environment in design.
- Act as a Task Manager, providing appropriate deliverables for the scheme project manager for large commissions and project leading your own small schemes and commissions;
- Handle the career progression of line reports including mentoring and agreeing individual training plans.
- Mentorship to the design and assessment of a range of traffic engineering and local transport schemes, including preparation of design drawings, reports and technical notes.
- Ensure the technical content and quality of all outputs are in line with the project brief, design regulations and standards, approving the work of others.
- Share knowledge to ensure the wider team are up to date with current standard methodology, techniques and innovation.
- Support Senior Management of Local Roads team including with recruitment.
- Input into detailed client briefs and fee proposals and contribute to major bids.
- A successful track record in the detailed design stages and delivery of a portfolio of traffic engineering and local transport schemes,
- Experience of monitoring financial and programme performance,
- Multi-disciplinary project experience as task leader,
- Good technical and social skills,
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of relevant design standards and regulations.
- Whilst not essential the following skills would be desirable:
- Specialist traffic engineering knowledge,
- Appreciation of traffic modelling,
- 3D Design (MX or Civils 3D)
- Urban Design/Streetscape,
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Highways asset management and maintenance,
- CSCS Card holder.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org