Senior Transport Modeller - Birmingham
Salary - £very Competitive
Our Client, a Global Consultancy, is looking for a motivated Senior Transport Modeller to join their Advisory and Strategic Modelling team in Birmingham.
The successful candidate will have a rounded skill set in strategic modelling, preferably SATURN, with wider experience in other areas such as economics appraisal, report writing and project management.
- Supporting Project Managers in delivering strategic modelling projects.
- Forecasting the effects of new developments and devising strategies to cater for generated trips.
- Managing or carrying out all of the technical aspects of the projects.
- Managing small and medium scale projects and monitoring of budgets and resources.
- Monitoring, checking and controlling work outputs/costs during the progress of the project.
- Assisting with the preparation of bids and other departmental marketing operations.
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and the latest research in transport planning.
- Ensuring that due attention is paid to all aspects of the Project Management System (PMS).
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant discipline).
- A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject (desirable).
Experience / Skills:
- Excellent communication Skills; both written and spoken.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience in strategic modelling and economic appraisal.
- Experience / knowledge of transport modelling software packages SATURN, DIADEM, TUBA, COBALT, QUADRO.
* Experience in project/commercial management.
* Knowledge and experience of GIS.
* Understanding of core WebTAG guidelines.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.