About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Transport Planner with development planning experience to undertake the role of Team Leader in the Manchester office, in their Transport and Infrastructure (T&I) Planning service.
They need a talented individual who can deliver and oversee high-quality technical planning service deliverables from the Manchester office, helping build, grow and manage said team, and assisting and working with the wider service team to help continue to build on their excellent reputation.
A key part of this role will involve working closely with fellow Team Leaders, technical leads, the Operations Director and Account colleagues.
The key responsibilities of this role will include close liaison with Clients, consultants, and statutory bodies, project planning, and the management of internal and external resources. This will include managing Manchester T&I Planning team members. The role will develop with the continued growth and success of the company and provides the opportunity for the right candidate to support and influence the future shape of the team and service.
The role is to undertake duties necessary for project execution and lead the team with the support of senior management within the service line. Specifically, you will play a role in the technical delivery of the T&I Planning Service and lead the Manchester team. Skills in CAD, road safety engineering, junction design and assessment will be a bonus. Typical software packages we use include Junctions 9, LinSig, and TRICS.
An excellent knowledge of the principles of transport planning and understanding of trip generation, trip distribution, design standards, and the contents of Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plan is required. An appropriate academic qualification would be advantageous. Proficient knowledge and expertise in the use of software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel is essential and a working knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial.
The requirements and demands of this important role are such that the Team Leader will be expected to consistently display the following personal attributes and skills:
- A visible and participative Team Leader, willing and able to take responsibility and be held to account for the technical performance, overall ability, and advancement of the team, in addition to their wellbeing.
- Ability to plan and monitor workloads in conjunction with senior colleagues to achieve project demands.
- To effectively communicate and co-operate within a project team to support the achievement of a project brief through the provision of efficient and professional services.
- With the support of senior staff to provide solutions to technical problems and input to provide both factual and interpretative technical reports.
- When requested, to provide proactive input in Service initiatives, including the Technical and Operational Working Group.
- Contribute to the achievement of Company and Service objectives.
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, Clients and suppliers.
- To promote the Company and its services to others.
- Demonstrate willingness and take a proactive approach to ongoing CPD, such as attendance at courses and professional meetings.
- To share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
- To provide support and assistance to the line manager (Operations Director) as appropriate
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- An ability to help build, lead and develop a strong team by providing mentoring and support to the team members.
- Technical independence within the field of T&I Planning.
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Superb training
- Professional Subscription
- Social Fund
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity