The requirement is for a Senior Transport Planner specialising in microsimulation modelling (predominantly S-Paramics). There will also be the opportunity to contribute to the Transport Planning team through other inputs such as data analysis, survey planning, business cases, economic appraisal etc.
Management of projects or sub-projects will also be required.
You will build upon your existing significant experience in transport planning and managing teams to deliver projects to benefit both our clients and the company. You will have opportunities to work on a diverse range of projects.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
• Manage projects or sub-sets of projects to quality, cost and time.
• Maintain effective working relationships with team members, and staff in other internal teams.
• Undertaking SATURN modelling to include model development, calibration and validation. • Transfer of knowledge to more junior staff
• Contribute to other aspects of Transport Planning, modelling & economic appraisal. • Line Management responsibilities
• Prepare high quality technical notes and reports
We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
This a permanent role with excellent career prospects for an enthusiastic and energetic person.
• Numerate first degree as a minimum e.g. Transport Planning, mathematics, computing, civil engineering, geography. (Transport Planning MSc candidates preferred). • Chartered or nearly Chartered Professional (CEng, TPP or CMILT).
• Extensive experience of S-Paramics modelling required. • Experience of VISSIM, SATURN, or VISUM would be an advantage
• Experience of VBA scripting would be an advantage • Experience of economic appraisal tools (TUBA, COBALT, QUADRO and MyRIAD) and of assessing Wider Economic Benefits would be an advantage • Experience of other aspects of Transport Planning would be an advantage e.g. traffic surveys, data analysis, GIS • Extensive experience of using WebTAG required • Good (written and oral) communication skills required
• Proficient in WORD and EXCEL
• Experience of managing projects or parts of projects including supervising colleagues and ensuring financial goals are achieved.
• Highly numerate with strong problem solving skills
• The ability to work under minimum supervision