An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an innovative and growing Energy and Environmental Consultancy. You will be a motivated and energised individual, in a position of responsibility and influence right from the start. You will be based in the UK, ideally in London, Aberdeen, Glasgow, or Edinburgh, however with adequate experience remote working is also possible.
The Wind Resource and Energy Yield Analysis team is relatively new, established just over a year ago, and is now more than ready to grow. Since launching early in 2020 they have been working with various clients, both onshore and offshore. The work is varied and includes standalone EYA assessments as well as providing wind analysis support for larger projects ran by the Renewables team.
Qualifications and Competencies
You will be a motivated person who is keen to develop and make an impact in a relatively small and growing wind analysis team. Previous experience in a similar position is required, however a specific number of work experience in years is not essential.
- Previous experience in pre-construction wind resource and energy yield assessments.
- Good understanding of current best industry practice on remote sensing, various wind flow modelling techniques, energy loss modelling, and site conditions assessment.
- Experience in typical industry analysis packages (Windographer, WAsP, OpenWind, WindFarmer, WindPro etc) as well as developing tools.
- Fluency in standard MS Office software (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Awareness of the emerging new methods, technologies, and trends, and drive to implement them where possible.
- Understanding of data analytics - or, as a minimum, keen interest in developing these skills. Coding experience (Python) will be a very strong advantage. Working knowledge of other data analysis tools such as Access or PowerBI will be an advantage.
- Motivation to take your career in the direction you want it to go.
- Comfortable under pressure with an underlying urge for success.
- Seeing the bigger picture, being able to spot potential problems, and take the initiative to create solutions.
- Spoken and written proficiency in English language.
- Degree in a numerical discipline.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org