We are currently recruiting for an SHE Manager for a rail electrification business based in the Midlands. The purpose of the role is to provide leadership, specialist advice and SHE governance across the business unit, Rail Electrification projects and service.
Your Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working in partnership with Operational Management and Specialist Managers within the SHEQ team, provide support in the development of a positive SHE culture and place SHE as an integral part of the business values and behaviours at all levels.
- Provide specialist guidance and advice on adherence to SHE policies, legislation, industry standards and Corporate Governance Standards for projects and service, seeking advice from specialist Managers within the SHEQ function as necessary.
- Support Project Management in the planning, implementation and review of SHE contract requirements. Allocating SHE Advisor support to projects and seeking support from environmental specialists as necessary.
- Prepare regular reports on operational SHE performance and ensure appropriately communicated to instigate action for improvement across projects.
- Prepare and submit compliance reports, governance reports / self-assessments and SESIS reporting as required.
- Advise on health and safety competency and training requirements of Functional Teams; prepare and deliver internal presentations, including Team briefs, health and safety awareness or other training as required.
The Ideal candidate will possess:
- Diploma / Degree level qualification in Occupational Safety & Health
- IEMA Certificate preferred
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Chartered member of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) or progressing
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment, with management experience
- Ability to prepare written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures, etc.
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- Experience and working knowledge of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
- Excellent understanding of EHS processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Positive leadership, Coaching and Influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with external stakeholders.
- Continuous improvement knowledge / experience. Inc tools and techniques.
- Experience of merging business and operational HSE Systems & Processes would be advantageous.
The benefits package for this role includes a generous base salary, an annual bonus. Flexible benefits scheme, where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.