Our client is a known renewable energy operator globally who require a O&M Technician for their team.
The Solar and Battery Storage Technician is a site-based role performing operational, maintenance, upgrade and repairs activities on utility-scale solar and battery storage systems. The purpose of the role is to ensure the plants achieve outstanding levels of safety and performance at minimum cost.
- Adherence to health and safety requirements at all times and helping to maintain and improve safety standards across the solar plants
- Identify upgrades and repairs required on Solar Farms. Produce detailed scope and pricing and submit these to the Client. Build up a steady and reliable pipeline of project work to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure all project work is undertaken or procured from subcontractors in accordance processes and procedures.
- Undertake project work according to legal, technical, manufacturer and contractual requirements
- Manage sub-contractors and ensure their safe working and undertake quality checks on their work.
- Carry out reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution in a timely manner
- Inspection, testing and maintenance of PV modules, DC string combiner boxes and string inverters
- Keeping accurate maintenance records and compiling reports
- Keeping in close communication with the O&M office
- Occasionally working away from home for training courses or to cover other sites for up to 1 week at a time
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified electrician (17th Editions &C&G) with experience maintaining, building or repairing solar or battery storage assets at the MW-scale. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties. The ideal candidate will have to be a specialist in one of the following:
- Inverter technology, e.g. inverter service technician
- High voltage assets, e.g. Senior Authorised Person
- Communications, SCADA, PLCs or CCTV systems
- Plant repair and sub-contractor management
- Strong technical understanding of AC, DC and communications networks
- Good knowledge and understanding of solar PV technology
- Knowledge of contracts
- Knowledge of central inverters
- Principles of High Voltage operations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills for writing reports, reporting progress and communicating by email
- Contract management skills
- Project management skills