Our client is the UK's leading Solar O&M company. They work hard to deliver what their clients need; their staff will tell you it is a great place to work because of their culture and their people. They are recruiting as they are growing the number of sites they look after across the UK, it's an exciting time to join them. They recognise and encourage teamwork, quality, and creativity. They offer training and career development to all. They care about the work that they do, they are fully transparent with their people about all aspects of the business from sale and finances, and their customers trust them. They have the experience, skills and knowledge, the industry connections, and the foresight to deliver a reliable service to their O&M customers and adapt quickly to the changing energy landscape. They truly value their people and their culture, which makes them an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Their Culture Our core values are not just words. They are the DNA of their company and they are happy to talk with you about how they live them
Job Title Electrician
Reports to Electrical Manager & Electrical Team Leader Summary - You will be part of a widespread and large team of Electricians providing preventative and corrective site maintenance across the O&M portfolio. You will have knowledge of DC, AC, communications and circuit protection and will have strong fault-finding skills. All electrical work must be carried out in accordance with industry standards and good Health and Safety practices.
* You will work to a planned maintenance schedule
* You will respond in a timely manner to breakdowns
* Diagnose faults and Inspect work in progress and upon completion
* Repair equipment when necessary and Inspect work for satisfactory performance.
* Participate and provide on the job training to colleagues
* Review suitable stocks of supplies and equipment and request specialist components, fixtures or fittings as required
* Advise manager on required stock levels and cost
* Recommend improvements and modifications
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including the public
* Document work undertaken / daily activities and provide a daily activity report
* Must hold 17/18th Edition Electrical Regulations qualification
* Senior Authorised Person or Approved Authorised Person preferred but not essential. (training can be provided)
* Experience of working with central inverter manufacturers would be preferable but not essential
* Must have been in a similar role for a minimum for 2 years with management responsibilities
* Worked on large scale solar projects
* Have a comprehensive knowledge of the BS 7671 Wiring Regulation Standards
* Must have a comprehensive knowledge of DC Electrical systems
* You must be able to understand site drawings and SLDs.