Solar O&M Manager
- To build and lead a team in order to safely, effectively and efficiently manage the operation, maintenance and performance optimisation of a portfolio of customer owned solar PV assets.
- Current portfolio consists of 18 contracts totaling 60MWp across 1,200 sites - ranging from 2.5kW school rooftops to 4.9MWp ground mount installations.
- Increase the current portfolio of commercial and industrial customers.
- HSE Compliance - Implement a generative / proactive HSE approach to your team's operations in line with industry best practice.
- Compliance with legislation and company policies and process for the safe operation of our assets.
- Deliver against department target achieve the agreed revenue / margin forecast for each project and maintain department opex in line with forecast and plan.
- Protect against contract damages (availability and PR) for each contract.
- Ensure repeat and add-on business through delivering great service and lead on securing new business.
- Supporting wider growth and development of DE&P including maximising opportunities for aligning of operations, sharing resource and standardising best practice
- Inspire and develop your team ensuring there are adequate resources, including contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our customer commitments
- Member of the UK&I O&M leadership team
- Responsible for ensuring monitoring and reporting individual and portfolio contract performance against KPIs for HSE, quality, cost and time.
- Day-to-day management of a team including account manager, resource planner and solar PV engineers, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time.
- Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer's requirements and good industry practice
- Managing customer and supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
- Expert knowledge of the solar operation and maintenance business
- Strong leadership and team building and management experience
- Experience of working in commercial organisations delivering services to customers
- Relevant industry qualification and accreditation
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial acumen with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into key deliverables.