We are searching for an experienced Solar O&M Manager. UK & I
What our client offers you......
As a company, leading the way to ensure everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy, Our client is proud of its diverse workforce and supports a healthy work-life balance. They offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell 5 days per annum, enhanced family leave and 4 volunteering days.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure contractual and statutory compliance for a portfolio of Solar O&M contracts, in accordance with company safety, quality and environmental systems. The key objectives are to maximise the production from client assets, increase maintenance efficiency and achieve a high level of safety performance.
The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer with experience planning maintenance on MW-scale solar plants. Strong candidates will have the opportunity to work towards Authorised Person (AP) or Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status.
This is a permanent role and will require availability for some weekend on-call duties. Although primarily office based, regular travel to operational sites will also be required. A company vehicle allowance, phone and laptop/tablet will be provided.
The responsibilities of the Solar O&M Delivery Manager include:
- Delivering the Solar O&M service to meet the client contractual requirements
- Producing O&M plans in accordance with contract, manufacturer's requirements and good industry practice
- Identifying maintenance requirements, scheduling resources, safely managing work control and reporting on completed work
- Writing and reviewing RAMS, permits and maintenance procedures
- Day-to-day management of a team of solar PV technicians, ensuring adherence to safety requirements at all time
- Stock management and procurement of materials
- Managing supplier relationships and equipment warranties
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as DNO and landowners
- Reacting to emergencies, site outages and changing circumstances
- Determining common causes of lost production and identifying performance improvement opportunities
- Analysis of maintenance KPIs and implementing strategies to improve these
- Single point of contact for Client for the O&M service, and providing updates to clients and information for contractual reporting
- P&L responsibilities for the sub-portfolio under management
- Ensuring client invoicing and supplier payment is carried out correctly
- Playing a key part in adopting new sites into the maintenance systems
- Using and maintaining a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other quality management tools as necessary
- Achieve and maintain Authorised Person status commensurate with training received, experience gained and in-line with individual job role requirements
- Other duties commensurate with the role