A highly professional provider of solar services including O&M on large scale solar plants across the UK, is looking for a Solar O&M Technician.
Responsibilities of the Solar O&M Technician
The Solar O&M Technician is responsible for management of O&M plan activities in accordance to budget objectives.
- Responsible for all reactive maintenance on designated plants.
- Responding to service call outs with in the contractual response times.
- Respond to alerts from security and output/performance monitoring services.
- Responsible for maintaining the preventative maintenance schedule for each plant completing required works with in the given deadlines.
- Complete required service reports and documentation for different activities completed on site.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for activities carried out on site.
- Complete annual site inspections.
- May be required to perform pre O&M site inspections and complete an audit report for current status of the plant before O&M services begin.
- Supporting the development of the operations and maintenance services.
- Deliver all O&M activity within budget and resource guidelines.
- Maintaining plants responsible for to the highest level of standards.
- Providing appropriate training and supervision to sub-contractors.
- Analyse equipment and machine failures and suggest workable solutions.
- Ensure all works carried out complies with current legislation.
- Electrically qualified (17th Edition /and or C&G Inspection & Testing).
- Experience of large scale solar PV construction or O&M of interest Able to fault find and diagnose issues on electrical and instrumentation systems.
- HV / SAP / AP Qualified (preferred).
- Experience in data monitoring systems.
- Ethernet & Fiber-Optic Communications.
- Has worked with inverters before (centralized & decentralized).
- High voltage experience (HV Operational Safety/ SAP/ AP).
- Experience of telecommunication and CCTV systems.
- Able to develop and grow the O&M business (new contracts, subcontractor knowledge, improve methods).
- Holds clean UK driving license.
- Holds a valid passport (travel outside the UK may be required for training).
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information please contact Jack Bill 01202 888 986.