A leading renewable energy developer has a new opportunity for a Solar Project Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide Project Management for the Solar O&M service within the Asset Management and Operations department in order to plan and execute a programme of upgrade, repair and remediation work on a portfolio of operational solar farms.
The Project Manager will require close coordination with the O&M Manager and Asset Manager for each solar plant. The project plan will need to be developed in coordination with the relevant technical, procurement and HSQE specialists. The relevant owner approvals need to be obtained and adhered to.
- Manage a pipeline of Project work through all stages including identification, quotation, approval, scheduling, planning, execution, technical completion, de-snagging, invoicing and warranty claims.
- Identify sources of new work from end of warranty inspections, maintenance inspection reports, serial defects and upgrade
- Forecast the team's long-term resource demand and Action any imbalances.
- Line managing a team of site installation technicians, providing coaching, motivation and continuous improvement of quality
- Developing relationships with a selection of quality sub-contractors, managing their site works and providing timely
- Draw up a consolidated ongoing Project Plan to identify the resources, materials, plant, procedures, costs and timeframes.
- Execute the Project Plan in accordance with manufacturer's and warranty requirements, contract terms, quality systems, HSQE standards (including CDM) and best industry
- React to major plant component failures and execute the contingency plans developed by the O&M
- Accountability for the safety, profitability, quality and warranty claims in relation to the Project
- Delivery of the approved Project Plan
- Produce detailed specification and scope documents for tendering
- Lead procurement activities
- Award sub-contracts
- Finalise programme of works
- Organise the necessary enabling activities such as welfare, temporary tracks, power supplies and make the relevant CDM F10 notifications
- Project manage sub-contracted works in accordance with the timescales and budget in the approved Project Plan
- Regular status updates to Asset Manager and owner, and forecasting time and cost to completion
Ensure appropriate testing, commissioning and documentation is produced, including updating of CDM Health & Safety file
o Organise handover to incumbent O&M contractor, including sub-contractor defect procedures.
- Coordinate with and provide relevant support to Wind and Battery Storage Project
- Identify opportunities to offer services to
- Identify resources within that can be deployed on the Project Plan (e.g. LAPs, SAPs).
- Support the development/improvement of the Quoting and Invoicing
- Work with the Procurement/Contracts team to get sub-contract frameworks in order to reduce ad-hoc
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org