PV/ Solar & Storage Battery Designer- Distributed energy
Our client is one of the UK most well-known international Distributed Energy & Power provider in the UK.
The nature or of the role is to provide a Technical design engineer from tendering phase through construction until final delivery of the projects and the battery storage solutions.
- Support the qualification and development of commercial opportunities, working collaboratively with the design team as the technical battery designer acting as the client facing technical lead on projects
- Supporting the team with electrical design input and help with defining how the battery system needs to be connected to the incumbent electrical infrastructure. This could be a generating plant, national infrastructure or an industrial & commercial consumer
- Proactive management of Network Operators and provide a full understanding of any technical requirements of network balancing services and how these will determine the battery systems operating requirements
- Keeping abreast of European policies and regulations that will affect the design of proposed battery solutions
- Client engagement and stakeholder management across all areas of the project deliverables
- Provide quality energy storage solutions against client requirements
- Assist with cost analysis and budgeting for each project, ability to creatively consider cost reduction ideas and strategies
- H & S policy meeting the Company's H & S objectives.
- Must have experience of working within a similar technical design role in the energy sector
- Degree or an equivalent level of qualification in Electrical engineering is essential
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of design regulations
- Experience in system design of small or large scale commercial projects
- Experience in designing DC & AC (HV and LV) systems
- Electrical schematics, string configuration and layout drawings
- Experience in Sunny Design, PVsyst, Meteonorm and AutoCAD design (AutoCAD Civil 3D would be a plus)
- Understanding of the different substructure options, requirements and limitations
- Ability to interpret topographical drawings
- Ability to communicate and interpret needs effectively
Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Advanced IT skills and be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite
- Flexible mindset and solutions driven