My client are looking for an experienced Structural Design Engineer to join their growing team in the Oxford office.
Working on some varied and interesting projects, you will bring with you at least 4 years of designing structures covering commercial, residential and educational frames, amongst your technical acumen, ability to lead projects and manage junior staff members a must.
- Design of structures, including large framed commercial, education and residential projects
- Foundation design and assessment
- An accredited BEng degree (or equivalent) recognised by the IStructE
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years' relevant post-graduate experience and progressing towards Chartered Status of the IStructE
- Substantial construction industry experience, knowledge of the residential, commercial and education sectors as well as an in-depth understanding of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design
- BIM experience and the use of industry design software packages are essential
- Experience in the use of Tekla Structural Designer would be an advantage
- Good commercial awareness
- Highly motivated and willing to take responsibility for producing innovative solutions
- A valid full UK driving license
- Prepare and review structural analysis and design calculations
- Assist in the preparation of drawings for conceptual and detailed design
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
- Attend site and design team meetings
If you are a Structural Design engineer, Senior level, looking to join a rapidly growing team to offer support and guidance with a varied and interesting portfolio to work on and would like a full brief then please highlight your interest by applying to David at, email@example.com.