Senior Structural Technician - Bridges (T53)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- West Midlands -- West Midlands -- Birmingham
Join a team with a track record that speaks for itself - delivering optimum solutions to service a wide spectrum of developments across all sectors. From simple highway accesses for constrained single plots through to direct, trunk road access and associated motorway alterations for multi-modal facilities
… is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction. They arevrated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to their people and establishes them as an employer of choice. They invest in their people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. They extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join them and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow's digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
Here you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you'll be doing
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Technician to join the Design Infrastructure team in the Birmingham office.
Working as part of an ambitious, growing team you will be expected to provide hands-on structural design support for a wide variety of exciting projects. This exciting role will make a major contribution to the further development of our bridge engineering capability.
The successful candidate will have experience in 3D bridge/structural modelling with Autodesk, Tekla or will have transferrable skills from a similar software package. Key skills and requirements include:
- Production of detailed 3D bridge/structural models.
- Reinforced concrete detailing (2D and 3D) and scheduling.
- Drawing production to a high standard.
- Carry out clash detection and coordinate both internally/externally.
- Plan for project BIM deliverables and their delivery including document control/issues.
- Contribute to project digital delivery plans and audit projects against digital delivery plans.
- Working with highway design colleagues and other designers.
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with and develop junior staff.
- Contribute to the continuing development of the Design Infrastructure Service.
What you'll bring
The successful individual should have experience specific to civil structures, bridge design and construction as a Structural Technician. They will be expected to have an HND/HNC/degree or equivalent experience along with the following personal attributes, skills, and experience.
- Conversant with AutoCAD and have experience in civil/bridge engineering design.
- Experience in 3D modelling - use of Civils 3D, Tekla, or transferrable skills from a similar software package is essential.
- Proven experience in 2D/3D reinforced concrete detailing, scheduling, steelwork, and general construction.
- Understanding of BIM processes (ISO19650) and their application to projects.
- Working knowledge of Highways England CAD standards.
- Experience of Common Data Environment platforms.
- Preferred experience in 3D parametric modelling.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Ability to manage own tasks and ensure delivery meets programme.
- An aptitude to effectively delegate responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
- Experience in liaising with other technicians, engineers, and consultants.
- Good communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter with drive, positivity, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Commercial awareness within your field of experience.
What they offer
- 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days, regular social events, rewards scheme and much more.
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities including charterships and paid professional subscriptions.