Structural Technician (B7.2)
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire -- Leeds
About the role
Due to continued growth, the Buildings & Built Environment Group have a vacancy for a Structural Engineering Technician in our successful Leeds Office.
Working as part of an ambitious, growing team you will be expected to provide hands on structural design support for a wide variety of exciting projects across all sectors and ranging from mixed-use high-rise developments to huge distribution warehouses.
About the team
Our Buildings and Built Environment Group has extensive experience and real expertise in delivering cost effective, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable building projects across a diverse sector range.
From designing new buildings through to adapting, refurbishing and maintaining existing building stock, our principle of applying intelligent design, flexibility and innovation remains constant. Advanced computer modelling techniques enable us to resolve complex issues quickly and efficiently.
The team has projects in the leisure, education, residential, commercial, health and retail sectors. This work has clients ranging from local and national developers and contractors to major private sector companies. This expanding team will encourage career progression for the right person. While our experience in depth and breadth, fosters a culture of professionalism with flair.
What you will be doing
Due to continued success and growth, the Buildings & Built Environment Group have a vacancy for a Structural Engineering Technician in our Manchester Office.
Your contribution will help this ambitious and expanding team continue its success in winning and delivering a broad range of projects to a high standard.
Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will be comfortable undertaking the production of project drawings and details using Revit and AutoCAD and other related software within a fast-paced, professional environment.
You will draw on your experience in a wide variety of structural materials and project types, and you must therefore have sound knowledge of structural detailing and experience in steelwork, concrete (and detailing of reinforcement) and general construction.
The successful individual should have a minimum of 2 years as a structural technician and will be able to demonstrate their ability to work to personally set deadlines, with supervision. They will demonstrate strong communication and personal effectiveness skills, with the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
Pride in the quality and accuracy of your work should be at the forefront along with a desire to get involved with BWB's digital engineering forums.
Whilst qualifications are important, skills and attributes such as problem-solving, communication, personal organization, team working skills and the ability to work under pressure are sought above all else. This will also assist in the mentoring of our trainee technicians which will be a key part of the role.
A thorough knowledge and understanding of Revit is essential and AutoCAD is desirable.
A solid track record in pragmatic and technical detailing and understanding of all types of structures.
Why choose BWB?
It's quite simple really. We invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities, that's why!
- Non technical training via our internal Academy programmes.
It's not just us who say that either. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
- ACE Technology Champions 2017
- ACE Training Initiative of the Year 2016
- ACE Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-sized Firm 2016
These accolades show that we're a dynamic, successful and growing business that helps all our employees achieve their full potential.
Take a look at www.bwbconsulting.com where you can see a selection of the type of projects we work on, and there are some videos too which give an insight to what it's like to work with us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary - We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme - we'll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don't wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years' service.
- Superb training - bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription - BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund - We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity