Working a part of a long-term framework agreement for one of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP) the Supply Chain Manager is a critical role providing high-quality support on supply chain engagement, selection, development and performance management.
Key responsibilities include:
- To drive maximum value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management.
- To lead the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy for their area(s) or sector(s), and support the development and implementation of the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan.
- To ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area or sector, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across the Business Unit.
- To manage and improve the performance of the supply chain, including driving innovations and best practice, through ongoing engagement, assessment and intervention.
- Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver the Business Unit Supply Chain Plan.
- Own the segmentation of the supply chain and the associated supply chain database for their area(s) or sector(s), and input to the management of the database for the Business Unit, working closely with colleagues in other areas, sectors and Business Units to ensure a coordinated approach.
- Own key supplier and subcontractor relationships, and/or ensure a relationship owner is identified.
- Identify new suppliers and/or subcontractors for consideration by the business where required.
- Seek out innovations through engagement with our supply chain Work winning - provide supply chain input, answers to questions and support for pre-qualifications.
- Pre-contract - input to subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists. Lead the development of supply chain bid input / responses Where required, support and/or lead subcontract procurement and develop project procurement strategies.
- Lead the performance management of subcontractors for their area or sector. Champion and drive utilisation of the iPortal, ensuring timely assessments and feedback to subcontractors.
- Work closely with, and support the efforts of, the Supply Chain Hub - to drive value through subcontractor and supplier engagement and trading.
- Ensure the processes and DELAPs are adhered to.
- Work with other Procurement Managers and Supply Chain Managers across the Division to develop procurement and supply chain strategies for specific products and trades.
- Routinely gather and share competitor, supplier and market intelligence, including suppliers and subcontractors outside of our supply chain.
- Regularly review and refresh the subcontractor supply chain to ensure it continues to meet the needs of our company and our customers Support Perfectly Delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is 100% safe and sustainable.
Ideally you will have Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification
Ideally you will be experienced in the following areas.:
Experience in a procurement, supply chain or commercial role
Relevant experience and knowledge of both subcontract and materials procurement practices and processes
Experienced in supporting tenders / bids, and providing input to work winning activities
Experience of engaging with both existing and prospective suppliers and/or subcontractors; engaging and interfacing at senior management level
Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, able to work to demanding deadlines.
Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
Sound knowledge of the construction industry
Ability to ensure standards and specifications are met Ability to work with senior management to set project and operational targets
Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
Very competitive salary and flexible package available for the right candidate.