Premier UK international airport, requires a Surface Access Strategy Manager to manage key stakeholder relations and ensure that the surface access strategy is understood and delivers against wider policy objectives.
This is an externally focused role which requires strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills. The successful candidate will be tasked with helping to shape the key messages, develop consensus and maintain support for a surface access strategy which supports local, regional and national transport objectives.
Technical knowledge of surface access is not a core requirement, but experience of the transport industry and/or government policy would be desirable. This role reports to the Head of Surface Access Strategy.
- Manage the surface access relationship with DfT Airport Capacity Programme - attend meetings and deputise for Head of Access Strategy, when required.
- Ensure the development of the surface access strategy is consistent with the national, regional and local policy objectives.
- Promote the airport as a key transport hub, with a thorough understanding of regional economic and transport priorities.
- Engage with stakeholders including local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships, and be confident working in a complex and highly political environment.
- Create and maintain good working relationships with colleagues within the surface access strategy team and the wider airport.
- Ensure stakeholder engagement plans are in place for key surface access stakeholders and are regularly reviewed and updated with content owners.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in the transport industry and policy development.
- Ability to engage with external stakeholders and build relationships at all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to provide a compelling narrative.
- Car allowance
We look forward to receiving your application.