Allen & York are delighted to be supporting a leading organisation within the sustainability and climate change arena, to bring in a key hire within their marketing and communications team. This is a key role within a developing area of the business.
The role would suit an individual from a technical background, who has had exposure to sustainability communications in a previous role, and is looking to develop this in their next role. The ideal candidate may come from a consultancy, regulator or third sector background, but knowledge of existing sustainability and climate change legislation is a prerequisite.
This role will help the existing Climate and Sustainability team grow their presence with both internal and external clients, and the ability to communicate the team's capabilities clearly and effectively will be a key requirement of this role. You will have the backing of one of the most respected technical services teams in the UK, with an outstanding track record within this space, and the wider technical consultancy and design markets. You will be working with colleagues across the UK and internationally, so experience working in cross-border teams would be advantageous.
- Lead the development of the business' climate services marketing strategy and annual strategy, guided by the business' global service plan
- Plan annual schedules of marketing activity to raise awareness and build credibility of the business' climate and sustainability teams
- Act as the in-house expert on climate and sustainability issues within the marketing and communications team, and ensure technical content is accurate and suitable
- Deliver regular internal updates to stakeholders
- Analyse and report on the impact of marketing activity, including the production of annual reviews as part of the wider marketing planning cycle.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of UK Climate policy and regulation, and how this affects the UK public and private sectors.
- Knowledge of UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Marketing experience, however this could be substituted for technical business development experience in a suitable setting
- Experience of delivery of marketing plans and strategies
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, and the ability to communicate technical articles in an accessible way to a range of audiences
- Experience working in cross discipline teams
- Personable and collaborative working style, experience working with colleagues internationally would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to prioritise and deliver workload autonomously
This is a truly outstanding opportunity to join a world leading technical services provider, in a unique role that will make a real impact on climate and sustainability issues. Technical knowledge for this role is paramount, and the successful candidate will be supported by a strong internal marketing team.
This role is available immediately. Applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for further information - email@example.com