ALLEN & YORK Ltd have been approached by a leading independent, multi-disciplinary consultancy to find them a Sustainability and Thermal Modelling Engineer to be based in their innovative, dynamic team in East Midlands.
Our client specialises in the construction, property and infrastructure sectors, with over 100 years' experience in the industry. The team of Sustainability and Thermal Modelling specialists are currently working with all departments, meaning your skill/expertise base will develop and you will become an integral part of a flourishing team.
Responsibilities of the Sustainability and Thermal Modelling Engineer:
As the successful applicant you will be undertaking dynamic thermal modelling and simulation work, and can be involved in many other projects/areas, such as:
- Building Regulations Part L and Energy Performance Certificates using IES
- Climate Based Daylight Modelling, Adaptive Thermal Comfort, In-Use energy modelling
- Façade performance evaluation
- Energy strategies, sustainable master planning and carbon footprint
- Post occupancy evaluations
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Sustainability strategies and implementation plans
- BREEAM and other assessment methods
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant experience
- Relevant HND/Degree level qualification (MSc desirable)
- Proficiency in the use of IES or other similar software packages
- Knowledge of current legislation (e.g. Part L) and registered Low Carbon Consultant and/or EPC assessor (Levels 4 & 5) - desirable
- Experience in Building Services mechanical design - desirable
- Experience in Energy Surveying and Auditing - desirable
- Knowledge/experience in BREEAM - desirable
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Our client values and promotes a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Alex Collins at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.