|Job Title:||Systems Engineer - Pharmaceutical Industry|
|Location:||UK - England - East of England, Cambridgeshire|
|Salary:||35000 - 45000|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||about 4 years ago|
This is a development opportunity for the right candidate as it will form a high profile position within the team with interaction to key stakeholders in the industry.
We are recruiting for a systems engineer to join the team initially located in Cheshire for a period of 18 -24 months (accommodation can be provided during this time and flexibility in working patterns), subsequently relocating permanently to a new state of the art Biomedical campus in the heart of Cambridge. The purpose of this role is to provide first line technical engineering/ mechatronic & instrument communications support for High Res Bio-solutions automation systems and all associated devices/ instruments.
• Work closely with the client Scientific Equipment Specialist to plan what work will need to be undertaken in preparation for the upcoming screening schedule so as to ensure all equipment is in good working order and any potential resource bottlenecks are avoided.
• To install, service and maintain equipment. This may be by direct application of the technicians' own expertise, or by efficient use of servicing contracts in conjunction with the Customer Services team.
• Be responsible for ensuring all breakdowns which occur on the systems are resolved in as short a time period as possible by drawing on both the client Engineers & the device manufactures service organisations when necessary.
• Lead the development of emergency system recovery procedures for use in the event of a run failure.
• Ensure that optimal levels of spare parts are always available for each instrument.
• Build strong relationships with the service organisations of the manufacturers of the associated devices in order to strengthen the capability of the client to deliver high quality first line mechatronic & instrument communications support in a life science laboratory in environment.
• Work closely with the client Scientific Equipment Specialist to continuously monitor patterns of system errors and run failures in order to identify the underlying causes of these issues so they can be prevented from reoccurring.
• Create & maintain all instrument SOP & INS documents related to system maintenance in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
• HND in a Mechatronic or Science related subject.
• 5-10 years' experience in lab instrument support.
• GxP Experience and training.
• Pharmaceutical / Regulated working back ground.
• Previous experience of working in multidisciplinary customer facing teams.
• Advanced Technical Skills in field of expertise.
• Experience of servicing scientific equipment.
• Understanding of device networking and communications protocols.
• BEng/MEng in a Mechatronic or Science related subject.
• Strong proven experience in instrument support or service development.
• Previous experience working in innovation i.e. continuous or revolutionary.
• Experience of installing & servicing large integrated systems.
• Membership of an applicable community of practice or professional board.
• BEng/MEng in a Computer Engineering related subject.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Gemma Howells at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.