|Job Title:||Technical Associate Mechanical & Electrical Projects|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Technical Associate - Mechanical & Electrical Projects
Take the Lead!
As the Technical Associate - Mechanical & Electrical Projects, you'll be part of the Projects Division, specialising in engineering services projects within existing buildings.
Being a good communicator, having a clear understanding of mechanical services in buildings and producing high quality reports with clear and concise recommendations is a key part of your role.
Preferably BEng / BSc / Mech/Elect / Environmental / Energy Engineering
Membership of Institution: CIBSE - achieved or close to achieving chartered engineer status
IT Knowledge and Specialist Software:
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint (Intermediate/Advanced)
- AutoCAD Basic - Preferred
- Amtech, Hevacomp, Dilux/Relux (Intermediate/Advanced)
Good communicator (both written and oral communication), ability to work on own initiative, build
relationships with clients, write clear and concise reports, present findings to clients. Have a clear
understanding of mechanical services in buildings, their operation and control including BMS.
- The Projects Division specialise in engineering services projects within existing buildings. We have an extensive client list and work within some of the most prestigious buildings typically in the City, Canary Wharf and West End of London and other UK regions.
- Work includes the preparation of a performance specification, compiling tender documentation, tender evaluations, arrange and conduct post tender review meetings, preparation of tender analysis reports, preparing contract documentation, procurement and project management of key infrastructure replacement projects. You will provide strategic advice to building owners and managers to plan and optimise the performance of their buildings, together with feedback in terms of long term sustainability, energy use, maintenance and reliability.
- Producing high quality reports with clear and concise recommendations.
- Prepare Condition and Feasibility reports and provide strategic advice to clients relating to VT
- Presenting technical information and providing clear communication to clients throughout a project. industry standards/best practice.
- Evaluating tender submissions, arranging and conducting post tender meetings with tenderers. And preparation of tender reports with recommendations.
- Project management including preparation of contract documentation, leading meetings and managing finances up to practical completion and handover.
- Technical advisory consultancy and strategic advice.
- Ensuring H&S and legislative compliance throughout the course of a project.
- Financial management of project and ensuring works carried out within agreed budget and timescale.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary projects team.
- Develop and build professional relationships with clients and assist the growth of the business.
- Typical Projects: Cat A and Cat B type refurbishment works (in an overseeing role). Replacement of infrastructure within existing buildings, Typical Project Value £30k to £3m.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, then give Tom a call on 01202 888 986 or send your CV to THerbert@allen-york.com