A new exciting position has arisen for a Technical Director for Ecology. You will be leading an 8 person ecology team based Stoke which is part of the total ecology complement of circa 70 staff.
In addition to academic and professional qualifications and experience you will be someone who can generate work for the team in both the local and national market, inspire the people you are working with and help both the team and the individuals in it to grow and develop.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Strengthening and developing the existing client base and network of contacts, continuing the development of the team by both seeking and exploiting business opportunities and by working with other ecologists and teams across the business.
- Taking responsibility for managing ecological projects including staff allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, management of commercial aspects of projects, quality assurance, maintaining and improving quality of reporting, addressing any client feedback and ensuring effective communications on all projects.
- Producing and overseeing the production of ecological appraisals, reports, licence applications, Ecological Impact Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments, EPS licences and other similar documents.
- Carrying out ecological surveys if necessary and checking that surveys are being carried out to the required standards by all staff.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tenders, including contribution to multi-disciplinary bids/proposals as required.
We are seeking someone who has:
- A good level of both academic and professional qualifications together with experience and knowledge of working in a professional consultancy practice.
- Experience of managing complex ecological projects to completion, possibly involving the co-ordination of several disciplines and reporting to the standards required by planning authorities, Natural England and other similar bodies.
- A proven track record of mentoring and managing an ecology team.
- Protected Species licences and experience of making licence applications for development purposes.
- Able to demonstrable a track record in business development.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com