|Job Title:||Technical Director - ESIA Lead|
|Salary:||Up to £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Barrie Dempster|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Technical Director - Environmental & Social Impact Assessment Lead - Scotland
A unique and rare position has arisen for a Technical Director - ESIA. You will join and be part of the senior management team in the region. You will be responsible for developing our client base, increasing the ESIA offering. You will hold a relevant EIA or planning related degree or post-graduate qualification, along with a sound knowledge of the planning system and the EIA process.
You will have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and should be able to demonstrate a strong track record of project management and delivery of ESIA projects, along with team supervision and coordination experience gained within a consultancy or similar commercial context.
My client is a multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Along with a competitive basic salary, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for the management of a team of eight ESIA project managers who are based across four local offices: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle and Stirling.
- Working within the power, waste management and minerals & mining sectors.
- ESIA manager with experience of these sectors who can help to grow the ESIA offering together with providing leadership to the team.
- Responsible for maintaining this by playing a key role in our regional business development strategy whilst ensuring the team deliver high quality support to existing clients and stay at the forefront of best practice in the industry.
- Perform the role of Project Director providing leadership and support to a range of ESIA projects and planning applications.
- This aspect of the work will also involve maintaining regular dialogue with the topic lead specialists in areas such as ecology or hydrology and senior level client contacts.
- The role will involve regular short term travel throughout the UK, to both client/project sites and to other offices
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good connections with industry in Scotland and north of England, ideally renewables, waste management and mining & minerals sectors.
- Planning or EIA related degree such as project management or management qualification.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full driving licence.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com