ALLEN & YORK are working with the leading multidiscipline service provider within Environmental and Civil Engineering services, to bring on board a new Technical Director within their Contaminated Land team in the South of England
This is a significant new appointment, supporting one of the strongest ground investigation teams in the UK. You will be working on a client and project list that is extremely robust, with access to market leading internal support and technical knowledge. You will bring a enviable network of contacts within the ground engineering market and will know how to develop and close leads independently.
This role is offered ideally in London, but can also be considered across the South including Basingstoke and Bristol. This role encompasses a range of technical, managerial and project management responsibilities and will require an individual with a strong rounded skill set gained from time within the UK contaminated land market.
- Prepare and oversee fee bids and proposals
- Commercial project risk management
- Actively develop and promote the national team within this sector
- Work closely with other directors across the country to promote high levels of client satisfaction
- On the job mentoring of junior staff
- Provide overarching technical expertise on projects
- Ensure adherence to the group quality assurance programme
- Manage sub contract and supplier relationships
- Strong understanding of the UK Contaminated Land markets
- Good understanding of the commercial development industry
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations
- Prior experience on a range of brownfield development projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, independent decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned contaminated land professional to join one of the UK's largest team in a key senior role. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.