The Exciting Opportunity
If you're an experienced planner who has led the planning process for major energy or infrastructure schemes and ambitious to make your mark by helping develop our UK planning business, read on. Join our national planning team as a lead for major projects and you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's largest and complex developments.
We are seeking to locate a highly respected planner who brings strong relationships with clients and an ability to think in a problem solving and multi-disciplinary way. You need to be experienced in providing planning advice to major project teams and leading the planning consent process to achieve timely consents through effective management of stakeholders and the consent process. You will have demonstrable experience in growing a planning business bringing a strong commercial mind-set. Experience of DCO applications and/ or consents through Hybrid bills is desirable.
Our Planning team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, energy and infrastructure developments, residential and commercial schemes, socio economic and community planning as well as research into the planning process. Our clients include Highways England, HS2, National Grid, Network Rail, Crossrail, TfL, the Homes and Communities Agency, Environment Agency, Welsh Government, and the Canal & River Trust together with a range of private developers, social landlords and local authorities.
Overview of Role:
You will be accountable for the planning advice to clients, leading the planning consent process through early options and feasibility stages and the preparation and submission of planning applications and documents as part of Development Consent Orders and consents under the Town and Country Planning Act. Experience in socio economics and regeneration benefits would also be advantageous to the role as well as in-depth knowledge of the EIA process. You will also take some responsibility for delivering new sales in energy and infrastructure planning through building relationships within the Arcadis business as well as with existing and new clients. You will work closely with our existing lead planners to develop opportunities as well as work alongside colleagues of other disciplines and sectors of the business to enhance our energy and infrastructure planning capability and reputation in the marketplace. You will be responsible for growing our team in Manchester around these areas of work.
- Technical delivery of projects, as lead planner for energy and infrastructure projects;
- Project manager of multi-disciplinary commissions;
- Provide advice to clients and other disciplines on the planning consents process
- Develop consent strategies to minimise project risk
- Establish strong relationships with clients and project managers, engineering designers and environmental planning disciplines on a technical and commercial level
- Ensuring planning advice complies with planning law, regulation and best practice
- Assist in the development, promotion and implementation of company technical strategies
- Promote the Planning team capability and achievements both internally and externally
- Recruit and mentor planning professionals
What You have to Offer:
- Planning Degree and Masters and Membership of the RTPI
- Delivery focussed
- Ability to work independently and in the team
- Enthusiasm to grow the business
- Travel Flexibility
- Experience in leading planning consents including NSIPs
Working in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment
Get in touch to discuss - Mark on 01202 888986 ext 284