|Job Title:||Technical Discipline Leader - Ground Engineering|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Herbert|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Allen & York are delighted to have been instructed on a significant new role in the UK ground engineering sector. We are looking to engage with the leader figures in the contaminated land and geotechnics market, to fill a role with limitless scope in the UK sector.
We are working on behalf of a leading consultancy, who have access to some of the most challenging and interesting natural resource projects around the world. In return, you will be able to build on your strong track record over the last 20-30 years, and share in this company's significant success in recent times…
This role is a strategic level position, with overall responsibility for teams of remediation and geotechnical engineers. Outside of these responsibilities, you will support the senior management team with proposals and bids, and retain a significant level of high level technical input.
The TDL will report directly to the Head of Engineering and will be accountable for:
- Communication and implementation of leadership strategies throughout the technical discipline
- Developing discipline capability to meet the needs of our business and our clients
- Working with the Resource Managers to identify and resolve recruitment and resourcing needs
- Professional discipline standards, including legal and professional obligations
- Identification and support of professional and career development needs
- Discipline specific workflow, standards, tools and guides
Your day to day responsibilities will also include working with the wider Environmental Services team to co-ordinate shared resources and cross selling of services to clients. You will manage and be supported by Regional Discipline Leads, to cover the geographical dispersion of Ground Engineering resources across the team's capabilities and encourage a multidiscipline approach.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Be a Chartered Civil Engineer or Chartered Geologist or equivalent with significant experience in Ground Engineering
- Be passionate about the professional Ground Engineering discipline and maintain industry recognised standards and best practice.
- Have leadership ability and aptitude for the professional development of staff
- Understand the evolving nature of engineering design and services including GIS, BIM, supply chain integration
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ensure appropriate Ground Engineering input to projects and bids across the water, environmental services, energy and resources, buildings and infrastructure in the UK and globally as appropriate
- Apply robust Technical Governance to achieve effective Ground Risk Management
- Promote integration with recent UK acquisition partners
This is an outstanding opportunity for a leading light in the Ground Engineering sector to make their mark on an already market leading team. Contact Tom Herbert on 01202 888986 for further details.