About the role
Our client has exciting opportunities for a Civil Engineering Technician to join the Transport & Infrastructure group. The role will be working with the Design Development team in the Nottingham or London office.
The role of a Technician is to undertake work necessary to assist Engineers in their duties. These duties will include working under supervision to assist the delivery of project technical drawings and information. The role includes administrative support including the collation of reports and drawings and maintenance of quality assurance tracking procedures.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- The role requires the candidate to be conversant with AutoCAD and experience with civil engineering design.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with other technician, engineers and consultants.
- Commercial awareness within your field of experience.
- Experience in the use of 3D Civils would be considered advantageous, but not essential.
- Good communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Superb training
- Professional Subscription
- Social Fund
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity