Technician – Landfill Gas LFG
40 hours/week The Company
Our client is an international clean energy company. In the UK they build, own and operate landfill gas and waste coal mine gas powered power generation.
They have a total of 900MW of installed capacity in three continents – Australia, Europe and the USA
This role is reporting to the LFG Supervisor and is primarily responsible for the collection of landfill gas in compliance with companies' statutory and contractual obligations, company policies and standards and industry best practises.
Taking responsibility of allocated gas fields and where necessary contractors who shall be responsible for ensuring the, Landfill Gas Collection Systems across all operating sites are installed, maintained and managed for the optimal extraction of landfill gas and to prevent gas migration.
To keep the Gas Resource Supervisor fully aware of all activities being undertaken on their sites and to work closely with the operational teams to ensure company operations are fully fuelled at all times and that the interface with company Customer’s activities in managing their landfill sites has minimal impact on the fuel supply.
- To manage the gas fields to fulfil contractual monitoring requirements and to meet the operational performance standards required and highlight where additional resources are required
- Ensure that the gas required to meet the budgeted generation targets is available at each of their site or there is a relevant action plan to mitigate the variation
- Responsible for managing and importing monitoring data and taking appropriate corrective actions highlighted by the reports
- Oversee system shutdowns and undertake minor remediation and pump service or exchange
- Able to compile operational reports / procedures, analyse data & undertake dynamic Risk Assessments when required.
- Undertaking troubleshooting exercises to understand the scope of potential remedial work
- Actively ensuring their own health and safety, and the safety of others through understanding and implementing their workplace health and safety obligations, are a role model for health and safety.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, and encourage positive dialogue between team members.
- Oversee works undertaken by contractors when required
- Take ownership of allocated gas fields or Sites with focus on achieving the gas field KPI’s
- Actively pursue the culture of zero harm, ensuring all relevant internal and statutory health, safety, and environmental standards and procedures are adhered to in line with the corporate Health and Safety policy
- Participate and comply with all statutory/corporate health safety and environmental initiatives
- Ensure Accidents, Hazard inspections, safety audits, and other inspections are conducted and recorded in line with corporate policies and procedures
- Ensure high levels of housekeeping standards are continued at all times
- Take immediate corrective action to prevent injury or prevent recurrence of at-risk behaviour to staff or contract personnel
- Work based experience in appropriate technical discipline such as Environmental, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or Environmental Science.