Technician/Senior Technician - Transport & Infrastructure - Civil Engineering (T10.2)
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- London
About the role
Our client has exciting opportunities for a Civil Engineering Technician to join their Transport & Infrastructure group. The role will be working with the Design Development team in the London office.
The role of a Technician is to undertake work necessary to assist Engineers in their duties. These duties will include working under supervision to assist the delivery of project technical drawings and information. The role includes administrative support including the collation of reports and drawings and maintenance of quality assurance tracking procedures.
About the team
They work on multidisciplinary projects across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, education, health and retail sectors. Clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- The role requires the candidate to be conversant with AutoCAD and experience with civil engineering design.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with other technician, engineers and consultants.
- Commercial awareness within your field of experience.
- Experience in the use of 3D Civils would be considered advantageous, but not essential.
- Good communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
Reasons to join
Our client invests in their people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what they have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- Superb training - bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription
- Social Fund - They will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing their people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity