My client is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing Environmental, Engineering and Energy Efficiency services to UK and International clients. Delivering quality services in disciplines including ecology, geosciences, asbestos, planning and design, energy and construction.
- advice on the design and construction of thermally efficient building fabric including airtightness and thermal performance
- numerical calculation of building component thermal performance
- advice and testing of acoustic separating components
- numerical calculation of thermal performance and condensation risk
- in-situ monitoring and evaluation of environment and component performance
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity for an Engineer has arisen. You will have an appropriate construction or related technical qualifications and preferably have practical experience of construction technology gained through previous work placement. You will have knowledge of the fundamental products and processes encountered in construction and an awareness of sustainability and energy efficiency in construction. Most notably you will have a desire to develop your understanding of this area and a keen interest in developing skills related to the services listed above.
As an engineer you would be expected to develop skills to enable you to provide the following as part of your role:
- Monitor Electronic Document Management Systems and obtain drawings and specifications as required, training will be provided
- Undertake area calculations in support of the site testing works
- Initially assist test engineers and consultants in the undertaking of site based testing and monitoring services, and then deliver testing services by themselves
- Prepare and submit test reports
Working in a team or on your own, you will need to have good communication skills and have a flexible approach to work throughout the UK, with the ability to manage your own time. Regular travel and overnight stays throughout the UK should be expected.
- A basic awareness of construction technology including relevant techniques, products and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication - the role will involve the preparation of quotations, test reports and liaising with various client representatives by telephone, email and on site
- A practical mathematical ability (GCSE Maths C)
- IT literate - minimum Excel, Word, Outlook, a demonstrable ability to use non generic software such as AutoCad type packages would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise work load
- Full UK driving licence
- CSCS card preferred
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org