A great opportunity to work for one of the top 4 Planning Consultancy's in the UK, has arisen due to growing workloads and expansions within the team. They are looking for an experienced planner to join a successful planning team in Wellington, Somerset.
Working on a broad range of projects for public and private sector clients, the main focus is the residential sector.
The consultancy provide advice across the entire spectrum from initial feasibility studies through to the submission of planning applications and appeals and also support delivery through reserved matters and condition discharge applications. They also have strong local and national networks and a collaborative culture.
You will be a professional, ambitious and proactive planner. You will be busy, challenged and well rewarded. The office boasts a great strategic location, being just one mile off Junction 26 of the M5 on the edge of Wellington.
Working across a diverse client base you will be responsible for preparing site appraisals, development plan representations, submitting planning applications and appeals and advising clients generally.
As a commercially minded individual you will be supported in developing your own client base and taking the lead on projects with budgetary accountability. Our client is multidisciplinary organisation and you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with multi-skilled teams on larger proposals.
- As a degree and RTPI qualified Town Planner you may currently be working within a consultancy or local authority.
- You will be capable of managing a varied workload and be confident taking on the responsibility for the day-to-day management of concurrently running projects.
- You will be able to deliver reliable technical input in a timely and efficient way. We are looking for a team player with good people skills, who will thrive in a customer-facing role.
- You will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and the ability to work under your own initiative to meet our client's expectations, and help expand our business.
- Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of working within the residential sector but this is not essential.
- You will have excellent communication skills, allowing you to work effectively with multi-skilled teams internally and externally.
- Above all, you will have a "can-do" and positive approach to your career.
- You may already reside in the south west or you could be looking to relocate here to enjoy an improved quality of life and live/work balance.
In return for your dedication, you'll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options.
Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday.
You'll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals. We will also give you an extra days' leave for your birthday each year.
Contact Mark Maultby at ALLEN & YORK on 01202 888986 ext 284