Town Planner / Senior Town Planner
- Working as part of the planning team to deliver a range of planning projects. This will include working alongside and potentially project managing other disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing and reviewing documents for planning applications or development consent orders, and planning policy preparation and advice.
- Project managing and co-ordinating the preparation of planning applications identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of work proposals and work specifications.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Supporting additional work opportunities to the Planning team through building strong relationships with our existing internal and external client base;;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Where appropriate, responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant planning (RTPI accredited) or related degree.
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI).
- Recent development management or development planning experience in public or private sectors.
- Project management of town planning and related environmental assessments as part of TCPA or DCO applications
- An excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Strong technical ability preferably with experience in planning policy, planning applications and related areas including EIA and other Impact Assessments.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Strong team working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- A focus on results and project delivery.
- Commercial focus.
- Experience of working on development or infrastructure projects.
- Some EIA experience and/or some DCO experience.
- The candidate should be willing to work out of other JACOBS' offices in the UK as required.
- Have the flexibility to work in other disciplines related to planning, in particular an interest or experience of working in one or more of the following: Strategic Environmental Assessment, public consultation, socio-economic assessment or master planning.
Interested? - Call Mark on 01202 888986 ext 284