|Job Title:||Traffic Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Allen & York are pleased to be working with one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the world who are currently seeking a Traffic Engineer for their Aberdeen branch.
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
- Experience of undertaking and managing tasks in a project programme
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
- Take an active role in the preparation detailed design and project delivery of traffic engineering, local transport, urban design/streetscape and local authority/municipal highway schemes
- Take an active role in the preparation of detailed technical reports providing specialist technical contributions as required.
- Keep up to date with current best practice, techniques and innovation.
- Support Senior Management of Traffic and Local Roads team.
- Manage career progression of line reports.
- Support preparation of detailed client briefs and fee proposals and contribute to major bids.
- Develop new and existing client relationships.
- HND, Degree or Master or equivalent qualification in an analytical subject such as Engineering, Mathematics or Geography
- Membership of recognized professional institutions
- Should be a working towards chartered status
- A desire to progress and assist in team growth
- You will have excellent technical and communication skills along with experience of undertaking a range of traffic engineering design projects.
- Demonstrate experience of traffic engineering/management design
- Ability to demonstrate experience or understanding in the following areas:
- Understanding of Health and Safety including CDM responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects as task manager
- Urban street, traffic signal, cycling, walking, road safety, public transport, ITS and parking design
- Application and use of DMRB, Manual for Streets and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals.
- Excellent English language skills required
- Driving license required
- Site supervision/engineer role or project management experience